2017 Ignition Firebrand Award for best application
The Centralised Technical Management (CTM) system for Marseille’s L2 bypass, designed and developed by Bouygues Energies & Services, has just been awarded the 2017 Ignition Firebrand Award in Folsom, California.
Inductive Automation, the company that develops and markets the Ignition product, each year organises an international conference in Folsom, California. Companies from all over the world present their projects that use the product.
Of the 50 or so projects that are submitted, around 20 are selected to go forward and 6 receive awards on a yearly basis. On 20 September 2017, the CTM for Marseille’s L2 bypass was awarded the prize for the best application.
Bouygues Energies & Services, lead firm of the EFE consortium (also comprising Aximum and Egis Projects), led the design, execution and commissioning of the traffic management and safety systems of France’s best-equipped urban motorway. Its facilities include 400 cameras primarily used for automatic incident detection, 500 dynamic signage displays, 200 vehicle traffic counters, 180 emergency telephones and 80km of fibre-optic network over a 10km stretch of motorway.
The L2 bypass is the A507 motorway which links the A7 and the A50. It forms part of the trans-European road network, and includes 8 tunnels representing 52% of its length.
“Several nationwide firsts were achieved by our teams on the project such as the application of the European dependability standard for the safety functions performed by the CTM, measurement of low traffic levels in the tunnels via Bluetooth detection, adaptation of tunnel ventilation to vehicle speed, and detection of abnormal loads and trucks carrying dangerous goods – including automatic recognition of their number plates,” explains Sylvain Nachef, director of the EFE consortium.
The monitoring system also makes it possible to interface with all of the Operator’s (DIR Méditerranée) existing facilities and provides decision-making support in the event of incidents.
Sylvain Nachef, responsible for the design and execution of the traffic management and safety systems for the L2 and Marseille urban highways, Lionel Mazeyrat, CTM project manager for the L2, and his deputy Régis Le Bohec travelled to California to collect the trophy.
“Ignition is a product that is used extensively in industrial and oil-related areas, so it was a real advantage and challenge for us to apply it to a road project as big as the L2,” says Lionel.
“The only two French companies to have received awards from the conference in previous years are Lafarge and GDF Suez. We’re very proud to join this list of award-winners and to shine a spotlight on Bouygues Energies & Services. The award strengthens our resolve to meet the technological and commercial challenges that lie ahead and to continue on the path to innovation and excellence – an approach that has become our hallmark,” points out Sylvain.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services and Loxam sign a strategic partnership to speed up to the hydrogen sector
- One of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.
- Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.
- Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7
- A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plant
- After 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiled
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43