What’s the link between the North Sea, an EHV line and renewable energies?
How could we ensure the transit of the electricity produced in the North Sea wind farms to the South of Germany? That’s one of the aims of the 380kV Wahle Mecklar project.
TenneT, the Dutch grid system operator in a large part of Germany, renewed its trust in Bouygues Energies & Services’ T&D PV unit (with the support of Kraftanglagen München and DS Energy) to take care of the A1&A2 bundle of the Wahle Mecklar Extremely High Voltage (EHV) aerial line.
The bundle is located on the Northern section, nearby Hanover and will cover 30 of the line’s 230 kilometres. One of the centrals aims of this line is to allow the North Sea on- and offshore wind farms to provide power supply to the South of Germany and therefore accompany the country in its energy transition process.
The bundle’s delivery is expected for the end 2021. It is a part of the big 380kV Wahle Mecklar project which was initiated in 2019 and scheduled for 2024. This operation is another proof of the trustful relationship established between TENNET and BYes and the growing recognition of the latter’s Energy and Industry branch expertise in the fields of electricity Transmission & Distribution.
Wahle Mecklar line: facts and figures
230 kilometres: the line’s total length
800 kilometres: aerial cables’ total length for the only A1&A2 section
2024: scheduled year of implementation of the global line Wahle Mecklar
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services and Loxam sign a strategic partnership to speed up to the hydrogen sector
- One of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.
- Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.
- Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7
- A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plant
- After 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiled
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43