Bouygues Energies & Services
and Loxam sign
a strategic partnership to speed up
to the hydrogen sector
During the tradeshow HyVolution, the Loxam group, the French and European number 1 and global number 4 equipment rental company, and Bouygues Energies & Services, a key player in the energy and digital transition of communities, industries and buildings, today announced the signature of a strategic partnership agreement for the development of a comprehensive service offering around hydrogen.
The Loxam group rents out hydrogen-powered equipment to meet the zero-carbon goals of its clients. This range currently consists of power generators, and is set to expand in the coming years (aerial work platforms, telehandlers, etc.). For its part, Bouygues Energies & Services designs, manufactures and operates units producing hydrogen from renewable energy sources and power supply systems for operational sites: worksites, isolated locations or event venues.
The collaboration of the two firms thus provides an answer to one of the major hurdles to a successful energy transition: supplying low-carbon power to venues, in particular temporary ones such as worksites, and the implementation of these solutions in accordance with legal and safety requirements, providing the necessary support to the end customers. This partnership aims to develop a turnkey and integrated solution, offering both the equipment and its hydrogen energy source, to all clients interested in these innovative solutions.
This partnership furthermore reinforces the longstanding relations between Loxam and Bouygues Energies & Services, already illustrated through their ongoing collaboration on the “H2BYCOL” project developed by Bouygues Energies & Services. This project aims to install two renewable-sourced hydrogen refuelling stations in the Greater Paris area, respectively in Louvres (Val d’Oise department) and Chilly Mazarin (Essonne), to encourage the development of hydrogen-fuelled low-carbon mobility.
Olivier Grisez, Managing Director France at Loxam, said :
« This partnership is perfectly in step with the Loxam group’s hydrogen strategy. Through it, we intend to accelerate our decarbonisation programme to comply with the Paris Climate Agreement. Hydrogen is an energy of the future that is clean and can be produced locally, allowing us to develop a new range of innovative equipment and services. From this perspective, our partnership with Bouygues Energies & Services is a crucial link in securing out logistics chain.»
Elisabeth Benedetto, Executive Vice President of the Energies BU at Bouygues Energies & Services, added :
« We are delighted to be able to count on the support of a partner such as Loxam. As specialists in hydrogen solutions, we contribute to decarbonising energy, industry and mobility by offering solutions and services tailored to the needs of our clients and partners. In this partnership, we wish to contribute our expertise in supplying power to temporary facilities such as worksites and events venues, by facilitating installation connections, filling tanks and remotely monitoring the quantities of hydrogen available. »
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- One of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.
- Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.
- Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7
- A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plant
- After 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiled
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43