Design and build for new VIRTUS Data Centres LONDON7
Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUS Data Centres for the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7 data centre. LONDON7 is the third facility on VIRTUS’ Stockley Park campus, which is the largest in London and the UK. Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting will be responsible for the design, build, electrical and mechanical services and commissioning of the data centre.
The TIER III data centre will be built with an overall floor area of 26,000 m2 including 13,000 m2 of technical IT data space. When fully deployed the facility will offer 28MW of critical IT load using state-of-the-art technologies to cater to high-density customer requirements. It will deploy a highly efficient flooded room principal for cooling, including chilled water and air hot-aisle containment at the rack level. This will significantly decrease energy and water consumption compared to the typical data centre performance characteristics.
The facility will consist of 8Nr self-contained data halls, all designed eco-efficiently and capable of subdivision for maximum flexibility from a rack in a shared space, to their own suite or data hall, each with its own dedicated power and innovative cooling systems.
Our experts will bring an innovative modular solution to achieve the quality, speed to market, scalability and flexibility required in this state-of-the-art data centre. In collaboration with our core supply chain partners, the 28MW power units will be assembled, pre-tested and pre-commissioned at the manufacturing site in Blackburn. The final installation, test and commissioning of the power units will be executed after 12 weeks of pre-fabrication and deployed in approximately 9MW increments across a nine day period.
Dan Mace, EVP Data Centre, Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting, commented:
We are very proud to deploy our modular data centre solution at the VIRTUS LONDON7 data centre project. As always our collaborative approach to achieve our common goals with VIRTUS and our supply chain will be key to another successful project at Stockley Park Hyperspace Campus.
Neil Cresswell, CEO for VIRTUS Data Centres, said:
Demand for hyper efficient, well connected, flexible and scalable data centre space in and around London continues to grow at pace. Building this additional facility at our Stockley Park campus will help our customers future proof their expansion options for flexible colocation on a site that has the scale to deliver medium to longer term capacity. The continual development of our campus means we are able to provide the highest quality solution at hyper-scale.
The data centre will be delivered on a phased basis with the first phase scheduled for completion and ready for service in Q4 2020. This approach allows VIRTUS’ customers to be involved in the design specification and scale up as they grow.
Steven Weir, Managing Director, Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting stated:
With over twenty data centres designed and built in France, the United Kingdom and Asia, Bouygues Energies & Services is a major market player offering a turnkey solution and a high-level of expertise delivering the world’s largest data storage companies.
In the era of cloud computing, Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting is well placed to meet the critical challenges of secure and reliable data storage while improving data centre energy performance.
About Bouygues Energies & Services
Bouygues Energies & Services is a global leader in energy, digital and industrial transformation. The expertise of its employees provides engineering and service capabilities to design, build, operate and maintain industrial facilities, infrastructure and buildings. From conception to completion for cleanroom and laboratory to industrial plants and data centres; Bouygues Energies & Services has a successful track record of delivering services in a range of complex and secure critical environments.
Bouygues Energies & Services press contact:
Michaela Valovicova Tel: 0161 249 1061 – Mobile : 07772 117751 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VIRTUS Data Centres, London’s leading data centre company and part of ST Telemedia Global Data Centres Group, owns, designs, builds and operates the country’s most efficient and flexible data centres. VIRTUS leads the industry with award winning innovation in hyper efficient, ultra-high density and highly interconnected facilities.
Located in and around London’s metro, VIRTUS offers the best of traditional retail and wholesale colocation models, combining dedicated support and complementary ecosystems with low cost, scalable and custom solutions, in uniquely flexible and customer friendly packages. Customers also benefit from Tier III certified, ultra-secure facilities, that provide 100 per cent uptime; protecting and connecting data, applications, networks and clouds within VIRTUS Data Centres and the global digital economy.
VIRTUS Data Centres press contact:
Susanna Collins - Email: email@example.com - Mobile: +44 (0)7872 558593
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services and Loxam sign a strategic partnership to speed up to the hydrogen sector
- One of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.
- Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.
- A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plant
- After 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiled
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43