Solkompaniet and Bouygues Energies & Services start cooperation in the Swedish solar PV market
The expansion of the Swedish solar PV market is in focus when Solkompaniet and French Bouygues Energies & Services enter into a partnership. This collaboration aims to meet the market's demand for large-scale solar parks, contributing to the sustainable energy transition in Sweden.
Interest in solar parks has been strongly increasing among investors, companies, and other energy players that want to invest in cost-effective and value-added electricity production. At the same time, the electricity demand is expected to increase sharply in line with the electrification of transport and industry.
During the past ten years, the size of solar parks built in Sweden has grown from 1 MW to 20 MW (size of the largest farm in operation in Sweden today). The next step is expected to have solar parks of 100 MW and above, since more large-scale solar parks is the most efficient way to increase the share of renewable energy in Sweden’s energy mix.
Solkompaniet, one of the leaders in Swedish solar energy, is strengthening its ability to build large-scale solar parks, in addition to the development of PV Solar power projects in the 1-100 MW range. The strategic collaboration with the global EPC specialist Bouygues Energies & Services will enable competitive and best-in-class EPC services for solar developers in Sweden in that large-scale segment.
Marina Sundman, Business Unit Director, Solkompaniet, says :
«We see great advantages in entering a partnership with Bouygues Energies & Services in order to be able to build the largest solar parks in Sweden at a high pace. They have unrivaled experience and competence in large-scale projects and power transmission,»
Elisabeth Benedetto, Executive Vice President of Energies BU at Bouygues Energies & Services, says :
«This partnership allows us to address our client’s flagship projects in the growing Swedish market with full knowledge of local conditions. We are very pleased to work with Solkompaniet, a reputable and knowledgeable partner with which we share the same values and ambitions,»
A 100 MW PV project can supply more than 100 GWh to the electricity grid, which corresponds to the annual household electricity consumption of more than Swedish 30,000 villas.
Solkompaniet is one of Sweden's leading players in large-scale solar power. We develop, build and manage solar parks on land and rooftops for landowners, property owners and companies who want to increase the return on their investments and contribute to the sustainable energy transition. With over 20 years of experience and more than a thousand delivered solar PV projects, we are a reliable partner for our customers. The majority owner is the Axel Johnson group via AxSol, the youngest company in the group focused on investments within solar and distributed energy. Solkompaniet has 240 employees and a turnover in 2022 of SEK 780 million.
Media Enquiries – Solkompaniet : Marina Sundman, +46 (0)76-118 26 79, firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the press realease
Equans is a global leader in the energy and services industry with operations in 20 countries, 95,000 employees* on five continents, and annual turnover of over €17 billion**. Equans designs, installs and delivers customized solutions to improve its customers' equipment, systems and technical processes and optimize their use in the context of their energy, industrial and digital transitions. Thanks to a strong local footprint linked to its historical local brands and excellent technical know-how, Equans' highly qualified experts are able to support territories, cities, industries, and buildings in the fields of HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning), Refrigeration and Fire Protection, Facility Management, Digital and ICT, Electrical, Mechanical and Robotic. Equans is the market leader in the main European markets (France, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom) and is also well positioned in the US and Latin America. Equans is a company of Bouygues group.
* Combined figure (Equans + Bouygues Energies & Services) at 31 December 2022
** Combined turnover 2021 (Equans + Bouygues Energies & Services), not audited data
Media enquiries - Equans email@example.com
ABOUT BOUYGUES ENERGIES & SERVICES
Bouygues Energies & Services is a subsidiary of Equans. It is a key player in the energy and digital transitions of regions, industries and buildings. Bouygues Energies & Services employs over 21,000 people and generates sales of €3.9 billion in its countries of operation: Germany, Canada, France, Great Britain, Italy and Switzerland - it also works for clients in Africa, Asia and Oceania. Our motivation: to further develop the resources that are vital to our future, namely energy, data, service activities and human capital.
Media enquiries - Bouygues Energies & Services
Isabelle Novel : +33 (0)7 65 18 35 95 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexandre Daniau : +33 6 07 47 24 31, email@example.com
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services and Loxam sign a strategic partnership to speed up to the hydrogen sector
- One of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.
- Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.
- Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7
- A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plant
- After 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiled
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43