Bouygues Energies & Services have always had a huge importance on reducing their carbon footprint, to ensure a sustainable future
Recently, whilst having their Manchester office refurbished, a total of 9,412 kg furniture was recycled, diverted away from landfill to reduce the impact on the environment. Old furniture including 55 chairs, 116 desks/tops, 84 pedestals, storage units and 35 screens, were given to Sustain. Sustain is a part of The Senator Group, that takes disused materials, packaging and redundant furniture from its own customers and competitors and recycles them to ensure nothing goes to landfill.
All the furniture supplied by Bouygues Energies & Services will be stripped into component parts wood, metal, plastic, fabrics and foam. Then either made into other items, recycled, disposed responsibly or used to replace broken parts and recovered to make them like new. This small recycling step equates to an incredible emission saving of over 9,000 kg/CO2e and keeps the embedded carbon in the project.
Emma Jones, Head of HR at Bouygues Energies & Services contracting said “We want to reduce our carbon footprint and work towards a sustainable future. The waste in a landfill rots and decomposes to contribute to global warming, polluting our local environment, including water and soil. This is something small we can do to help reduce our environmental footprint.”
This is one of many step Bouygues Energies & Services have taken to sustain a better future, they have also got a cycle to work scheme, recycling of rubbish and the use of recyclable materials such as glass milk bottles.
Emma continued to say: “We know from a company perspective we can try and do our part, but it shouldn’t stop there, we encourage all our staff to be more proactive towards a greener future.”
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services and Loxam sign a strategic partnership to speed up to the hydrogen sector
- One of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.
- Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.
- Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7
- A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plant
- After 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiled
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43