Construction of hospital in Western Guiana
DV Construction and Bouygues Energies & Services, both Bouygues Construction subsidiaries, are to build the Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni hospital in Western Guiana. The contracts awarded to Bouygues Construction are worth a total of €85 million. The project is consistent with Bouygues Construction’s aim to establish permanent operations in the French overseas departments of the West Indies and Guiana.
The new 25,000m2, 250-bed hospital will house 5 buildings with 5 operating theatres and a maternity ward. The consortium responsible for construction, of which DV Construction is the lead firm, also includes DV subsidiary GTC Construction and Ribal TP (Colas group).
Bouygues Energies & Services will carry out two technical packages as part of the project. The first will cover electricity and power and signal installations, and the second heating-ventilation-air conditioning, plumbing and medical gases.
“The construction of this multidisciplinary facility to high standards will create jobs and help improve healthcare provision and quality of life for residents in Western Guiana, a region experiencing rapid population growth,” explains Pascal Minault, CEO of Bouygues Entreprises France-Europe.
Installation of the site is under way, and works are due to last for around four years.
More than 200 people will be involved in the project during peak periods. Bouygues Construction has set itself a number of social inclusion and local training objectives, and has undertaken to welcome young Guianese on site through partnerships with the adapted military service regiment (RSMA) in Guiana and technical colleges from Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services and Loxam sign a strategic partnership to speed up to the hydrogen sector
- One of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.
- Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.
- Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7
- A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plant
- After 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiled
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region